Registration Info for New 4K and 5K Students
On May 1, 2019, parents of new 4K and 5K students who will be attending B-L Primary School in the Fall are invited to come and pre-register their child for school. (Please note this registration is only for brand new 4-year-old and 5-year-old students who have never been enrolled in our district.)
Our pre-registration for 4K and 5K will be held at B-L Primary School (800 Summerland Avenue Batesburg-Leesville, SC 29006) on May 1st between the hours of 12:30 pm and 6 pm.
Parents of new children can choose from our 4K, 5K, and Montessori program options. We encourage parents to view the short informational video located in the right-hand menu so that they can receive detailed information pertaining to each of our programs. The video can also be viewed on our district YouTube page.
If, after watching the video, parents still have questions about which program will best suit their child's needs, we are offering Open House events at B-L Primary School that you may attend. For more information about these dates and times, please click on the link titled "Open House Dates" in the right-hand menu.
What To Bring
Please take note that parents should come with the following items on May 1st:
- State or Military Birth Certificate from the Bureau of Vital Statistics
- South Carolina Certificate of Immunization (available from the Health Department or your child’s doctor’s office)
- Social Security Card
- Proof of Residency in Lexington County School District Three (power bill, home phone bill, etc. with parent’s or guardian’s name and street address (not P.O. Box) and a copy of the parent’s/guardian’s picture ID with the same address)
- Proof of Income (This can be in the form of a Medicaid card, W2 form or pay stub.)
Persons living outside of the Lexington County School District Three attendance area who wish to have their child attend Lexington Three schools must have the first three items listed above in addition to the following:
- Students must receive a release from their home school district and provide that release to Lexington Three.
- If the child attended public school in their home district prior to coming to Lexington Three, they must provide documentation showing that they are in good standing in academics, discipline and attendance in their home school district.
- Out-of-district students will only be accepted if sufficient space in each grade is available and if they are in good standing in academics, discipline and attendance in their home school district (if applicable). Children living within Lexington Three will be given priority of enrolling if space becomes an issue in a class or grade.
- Anyone with questions regarding out-of-district registration can contact Tanya Derrick at 803-532-4423.
Please make note that parents/guardians of out-of-district students must provide transportation to and from school.